Location: Philadelphia, PA
Description: Lab Engineer, Innovation Labs Job Description
As a lab engineer in our client's Innovation Labs, you will be responsible for supporting the team’s activity building and testing prototypes and proof of concepts with other organizations and third-parties to prove out new products, applications, ideas and better ways to run our business. As a member of CIL, you will need to display a wide range of networking skills as well as system integration and the ability to quickly learn new technologies. Who does the CIL engineer work with? CIL engineers collaborate with industry experts from many disciplines: software architects, network engineers, big data scientists, player developers, content security specialists, and various streaming video technologists. A CIL engineer also engages with quality assurance engineers, technical operators, and product owners on a daily basis. We’re a small team, delivering technical solutions at the leading edge of technology.
• Collaborates with project stakeholders to develop technical requirements and algorithms for future products and applications. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
• Support the design and prototyping of new software and hardware applications, support applications under development, and customize existing applications.
• Diagnose performance issues and propose and implement improvements
• Prove scalability with load generating tools
• Contributes to the development of testing and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors
.• Work with the entire CIL team to develop business cases and present findings to Senior Leadership
• Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Presents papers and/or attends conferences.
• Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
• Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Skills & Requirements
• BS in Computer Science and 5+ years equivalent experience
• Experience with AI/ML
• Experience with Python
• Good communicator; able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
• Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience developing software for Networking, Web services, HTTP, and TCP/IP a plus
• Experience with Cable Infrastructure a plus
• Experience with QAM and IP streaming a plus
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com