Lasko Products Inc., the nation’s leading producer of home comfort products, has an opening for a full–time Developer reporting to the Manager of Systems Development. As a member of a dynamic team leading the company’s digital revolution, you will be engaged in the development, acquisition, and deployment of new applications and technologies, in addition to supporting and enhancing existing applications to meet the business needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to grow their knowledge and build understanding of technologies and real-world business issues. The selected candidate will participate in the complete software development cycle. The candidate will be expected to work as a liaison between IT and other parts of the organization to help meet common business goals and champion new technologies across departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain code with various technologies that is used across a wide range of departments
- Create policy and best practices for use of newly implemented technologies
- Mine non-technical business requirements and find solutions already embedded in applications.
- Bridge the gap between application features and business requirements, both technical and non-technical
- Provide Tier-II-IV help desk support for in-house and third-party applications
- Practice and enforce defined development, testing, and change control standards
- Create user manuals and how-to documentation for front-facing applications and future development reference
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate directly with users to understand application issues and system requirements.
- Provide non-technical explanations for technical solutions
- Provide after-hours support as part of an on-call rotation
- Physically able to perform the Essential and Additional Duties and Responsibilities of the job including; walking, and sitting, standing, occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in application development (C# preferred but not mandatory)
- Ability to pick up new languages, skills, and applications, and adapt to new technologies
- Must be able to match application features to business requirements and help implement features with business users
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and skills
- Self-starter who possesses strong customer focus, command skills, agreeable with implementing change and dealing with ambiguity
- Analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills on both the technical and non-technical level
- Positive relationship building skills in order to acquire trust of business partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage time effectively
- Good IT working knowledge
- Strong confidentiality practices
Experience in any of the technologies/tools below is beneficial:
- Progress/Openedge 4GL
- Microsoft C# & ASP.NET
- Smartsheet project management skills
- Bottomline Transform Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)