Title: Software Asset Management (SAM) Tool Administrator I
Location: Columbus, IN 47201 / 100% Remote
Duration: 6+ Months
# Openings: 02
The Software Asset Management (SAM) Flexera Consultant is primarily accountable for FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA) administrations and support. This person will provide technical subject matter expertise for FNMEA tool and related infrastructure like license server & license manager support. This person will support and evaluate SAM tool system design and will be involved in the day to day technical activities of a cross-functional team and support of FNMEA and databases. The role will require prior experience in managing FNMEA application and building automation through scripting.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support and operation for FNMEA tool and related infrastructure to support software lifecycle management.
- Manage, operate, upgrade and trouble-shoot FNMEA tool to support concurrent license management.
- Configure and provide data, reports, and dashboards on software lifecycle management and software ROI.
- Contributes to the maintenance of the company's effective licenses position within the company's Software Asset Management Solution through the effective, efficient and agile utilization of the tool.
- Work with vendors and other technical teams to identify, resolve and mitigate license or license manager issues on an expedited basis.
- Research, prepare and deliver presentations to all levels of management on software licensing processes and procedures.
- Implement, configure and manage secondary concurrent license management tool for non-Flexlm license managers. Like SAO.
- Maintain an understanding of changing technologies, risks and potential.
- Special projects as assigned
*** Experience in Managing Software Asset Management tools - specifically FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA). ***
- A Bachelors’ Degree is preferred for this role.
- Experience in VB Scripting / .NET programming / Shell Scripting, ETL tools / Reporting/BI Tools, SQL, Access, Excel.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Experience with reporting tools like Power BI and Cognos.
- Expertise in Microsoft stack of technologies (including SQL Server, Windows, Active Directory, IIS)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Ability to communicate professionally, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Additional information from the manager:
- During intake with the manager, it was mentioned these are going to be difficult roles to fill. Sharing with you so you know he knows this is a unique skill set that’s being requested.
- While the job request is reflecting Columbus, IN as the location, this manager has confirmed he is fine with these roles being 100% remote for the duration of their assignments.
- This team currently provides 24-hour support to Cummins. With that shared, this manager has advised the selected hires need to be flexible to support other shifts as needed. Candidates whom are selected to interview, during their interviews the working schedule will be further discussed.
- When the manager is ready to interview he will first be requesting phone interviews to be scheduled with just him. Candidates whom successfully complete a phone screen will be asked for additional screens with other members of the manager’s team.