Our customer headquartered in Tampa, FL recently acquired a company in Philadelphia, PA and they are seeking a Software Architect to redesign the older web application on-site in Philadelphia. This will include redesigning, providing a roadmap, converting the application and providing oversite to development best practices. They will need this person to contribute to the conversation on what to use for development (they are thinking React, but are open to conversations if this person thinks otherwise).
Cultural: Casual, onsite, standard core hours. Working day-to-day with Software Development Manager and also in frequent communication with VP of IT. Guiding a smaller team of 4-5 developers that will work on this project.
- Understanding of various architectures
- 95% of the time is going to be spent with guidance
- Design patterns
- SaaS products
- Backend Oracle database (do not necessarily need Oracle, just experience working with a relational database)
- Would like to have understanding of REACT (not 100% required - thinking this will be the front-end technology but open to other technologies the architect recommends)
- "Know how it all fits together"
- More than just conceptual experience, need to have actually done it
- Needs to be a very strong communicator (oral and written)
- Very strong documentation skills
- Conduct research and evaluate business requirements and technical challenges with key stakeholders
- Provide detailed design documents/integration strategy
- Create technical solution architecture and design with enterprise standards
- Lead development teams with best practices and strategies in hosting and maintenance of the application in production environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience with various types of architectural styles and design patterns
- Exceptional experience in the field of architecture, development, and deployment of high-volume enterprise applications
- Deep knowledge of practices and procedures related to the distributed computing
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Sound knowledge of development and operation methods related to agile software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to design and collaborate with other senior technical team members to meet the goal of well-defined designs and programming specifications we can assign to other dev resources.
- 7+ years .NET and C# experience
Optional Skills and Experience
- Experience with .Net Core technologies and Oracle would be an added advantage