Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Social Worker Assistant will assist the Social Worker with a variety of administrative tasks.
This position is part-time, 20 hours/week.
- Patient Transportation: Update ride list. Assist with patient ride issues.
- MSP: Assist in updating quarterly MSP form with patients. File form in patient’s medical record.
- Maintain updated demographic database.
- Ensure Health Care Proxy on file with each patient.
- Assist with setting up transient dialysis treatments for patients when traveling.
- Assist Social Worker in completing patient consent forms.
- Other tasks as assigned by social worker, nurse manager, dietitian.
- Filing as needed.
- Answer phones as needed.
- Assist Unit Secretary with secretarial tasks as needed.
- Cover for secretary in her absence.