The basic purpose of the position is to supervise and maintain the functioning of the shipping and receiving departments, driving procedure and processes while increasing productivity.
Works under minimal supervision based upon knowledge of manufacturing and material handling principles. Directly accountable for supervising approximately 10 - 20 employees. The position impacts internal production and shipping departments and interacts with other departments and outside contacts on a frequent basis.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Must have 3+ years Shipping/Receiving Supervisory experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Driving safe and proactively engaged culture to prevent unsafe acts or opportunities.
● Promote 5s activities with organization and processes as measurables.
● Leading shipping and receiving subordinates ensuring all products are pulled and labeled correctly, orders are loaded onto the trucks efficiently and without causing damage to the product, and materials are received into the facility accurately and timely.
● Allocating and maximizing available warehouse storage space based upon historical product utilization.
● Providing the resources, tools and equipment for employees to perform their job (i.e. shipping paperwork, schedules, cardboard, and labels).
● Reducing errors to save the company money by ensuring attention to detail is maintained in all aspects of the job on an ongoing basis, implementing appropriate procedures for employees to follow, spot checking product pulled and loaded on trucks, overseeing the arrangement of products being loaded.
● Maintaining productivity and performance results by training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees; assigning work, planning, monitoring, and evaluating employees.
● Set aggressive but achievable targets for delivery, customer service, and safety. Continuously monitor progress towards targets and initiate corrective action.
● Participates in the continuous improvement process through the participation and leading of projects.
● Ensuring supervised work areas are ergonomically correct, efficient, organized, neat, and clean condition.
● Following and ensuring employees compliance with established safety standards such as wearing eye protection and proper operation of forklifts.
● Communicating effectively with first shift supervisors overseeing truck drivers during shift to ensure deliveries are made timely and in an efficient manner.
● Managing returned product (RMA’s) and inventory inaccuracies.
● Meeting with delivery drivers to check in and address any issues.
Performing other related duties that the Supervisor may assign