Sage Title Group is one of the largest title agencies in the Mid-Atlantic. Our footprint encompasses 40 locations operating in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia with more than 200 years of combined industry experience. This sets us apart from the competition, making us "The Wise Choice" for all your real estate transactions. We have specialized teams of attorneys and title professionals throughout our footprint that respond quickly with solutions tailored and getting the transaction to the closing table. Our team is dedicated and committed to excellence with a genuine concern for our clients and our customers. Join our dynamic team today!
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager, the Settlement Closer processes all documentation needed to complete real estate closings and functions as a Settlement Agent for real estate closings. Regular, predictable and dependable attendance is essential to satisfactory performance of this job.
- Must be knowledgeable of settlement process, understand documents used in the settlement process, and be able to explain basic information to purchasers and sellers;
- Schedules settlements with lender, and attends settlements;
- Processes settlement package for closing;
- Answers routine questions and refers more complex or legal questions to the appropriate party;
- Collects all funds and banking data to assist accounting in reconciliation;
- After settlement, arranges for documents to be recorded, disburses funds, and returns completed loan package to lender;
- Orders all documentation needed to process a real estate closing, including, but not limited to: loan payoffs, surveys, title abstracts, title commitments and preparation of deed;
- Clears requirements on title commitments;
- Provides documentation to title insurance agent for preparation of final title policies;
- Procures and records releases for Deed of Trusts;
- Provides documentation to all parties in the transaction as requested;
- Opens and monitors files on computer software as well as a hard copy in file folder;
- Answers phones and provides informed response to callers;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 3 to 4 years' experience in real estate settlements;
- Must have title insurance license;
- Experience in title insurance is preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Flexible hours may be required;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.