Now hiring a Senior Wind Engineer for direct-hire!Trillium Technical is now seeking a Senior Wind Engineer for direct-hire placement!
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our Wind Engineering Team as a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with experience and/or understanding of wind loading of structures, bridge and solar aerodynamics, and/or wind-induced microclimate effects.
This role may include (depending on experience), but is not limited to:
• Analysis, consulting, and oversight in the following areas:
-Aerodynamics and wind response of long and flexible aeroelastic structures (e.g., long-span bridges and solar arrays).
-Wind loading on buildings, building elements, building facade, and other special structures including solar arrays.
-Pedestrian wind comfort.
-Falling Ice and Snow
• Solving challenging engineering problems related to one or more of the above areas in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial clients;
• Preparation, review, and sealing of final work product as appropriate;
• Support for project delivery, marketing, and business development;
• Working under the general supervision of a Team Leader and collaborating with Practice Area Leaders with considerable latitude and encouragement for the exercise of independent judgment.
If interested, please apply today!• Minimum of Master’s degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in at least one state with willingness to become licensed in additional states.
• Knowledge and experience of bluff body aerodynamics
• Knowledge of structural dynamics and structural loading
• Experience with experimental methods (e.g., wind tunnel, water flume, instrumentation, etc.).
• Experience with experimental methods as well as numerical/computational methods (e.g., CFD, machine learning, etc.) is an asset.
• Knowledge of the design of structures and/or knowledge and application of wind and snow sections of building codes (i.e., NBCC, ASCE-7) is an asset.
• Experience with scientific computing/data science (e.g. Excel/VBA, Python, Octave, Matlab, C/C++, Fortran, etc.) and LaTex is an asset.
• An aptitude for practical problem solving and proven ability to successfully meet deadlines. #CBT