Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create a living style guide and design language for our CDS products that matches the Optum brand with a target audience being developers
- Work with developers to create visual design components that match style guide
- Attend usability studies to learn from end users on what works and what needs design love
- Validate designs early by including ideas into usability studies and revise designs according to findings
- Work with senior designers frequently since most of the initial work will be on new industry leading products
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and cross function teams to gather disparate ideas and create a coherent visual message for presentation and communicating to business owners
- Play a key role in the design system strategy when integration our tools into many different EHRs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Art/Design degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with clinical products integrated into multiple EHRs
- Prior experience creating style guides and design components for developer consumption
- Highly proficient in design tools like Sketch or Illustrator
- SAFe for teams training and familiar with SAFe architecture runway (lean UX/Architecture)
- Previous experience with CDS systems
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior UX Designer ,UX Designer, UX Engineer, Agile development, UHG, Optum, Telecommute, Remote, WAH, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote