WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Senior Real Estate Services Valuation Manager to assist the Commercial Division of the bank. The Senior Real Estate Services Valuation Manager is the primary contact and consultant for any Real Estate Valuation Services provided to the Commercial Division of the Bank. This role monitors all real estate appraisal requests for commercial and retail banking and responds directly to the Relationship Managers and Vendor inquires to resolve issues surrounding real estate appraisals. Provides appraisal reporting information for monthly. The incumbent maintains the Bank's appraisal system in accordance loan policy requirements and provides appraisal and evaluation services to support lending decisions.
- Performs real estate appraisals and/or support for real estate evaluations for lending decisions in accordance with loan policy requirements.
- Performs real estate appraisals and/or support for real estate evaluations for ongoing collateral monitoring.
- Perform real estate appraisal and/or support for real estate evaluation.
- Coordinates engagement and independent review for appraisal reports for compliance with regulatory requirements and commercial loan policy.
- Maintains reporting information on the status of each appraisal (date of last appraisal, due date of next appraisal, etc.)
- Maintains valuation information for real estate.
- Provides preliminary valuation information to assist relationship managers with lending decisions.
- Provides ongoing training to lending support staff on reviewing appraisals.
- Provides ongoing guidance to ensure the Bank's appraisal process complies with federal regulation.
- Maintains the Bank's list of approved appraisers to ensure only the highest quality appraisers are performing valuations for the Bank.
- Provides training opportunities to Real Estate Services Valuation Specialist interested in becoming licensed real estate appraisers.
- Provides quarterly reporting information on the state of the real estate market to be utilized in reviewing the risk of commercial loan portfolios.
- Maintains the Real Estate Information Management System (RIMS) and Mercury with feedback on the utilization of real estate software.
- Provides budget information for the forecasting of appraisal related expenses and fee income generated by valuation services.
This is a full-time position located at our Bank Center in Wilmington, DE.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics, or the equivalent work experience within the real estate appraisal environment.
- A minimum of 10 years of real estate appraising experience with the appropriate appraisal qualifications is required.
- Previous clerical, banking, or accounting experience is required.
- Must have previous experience in customer service and possess the ability to lead meetings.
- Must have experience performing and/or reviewing appraisals.
- Prior banking experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must be licensed as Certified General Appraiser in either Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Maryland.
- Must be able to prepare real estate appraisals and/or evaluations in accordance with FIRREA and USPAP.
- Knowledge of bank lending requirements is preferred.
- Must have experience in reviewing and critiquing residential and commercial appraisals.
- Must possess the ability to efficiently manage a large volume of real estate appraisals.
- Must be familiar with bank regulatory requirements for appraisals and evaluations.
- Must possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.