- Manage programs through all phases from RFP review, proposal preparation and submission, contract negotiation and definitization, program baseline and kickoff, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, qualification, validation, production and delivery.
- Lead and coordinate multiple programs in parallel
- Use standard practices for program schedule and cost management, and be responsible for maintaining and updating estimates (to complete, at completion).
- Analyze, evaluate and plan approaches for complex technical problems developed by technical team members.
- Identify, quantify, and mitigate risks through rigorous approaches.
- Assemble and clearly communicate proposal information in gate reviews to upper management, including rigorous articulation of risks and compliance to customer specifications.
- Act as front line communicator to customers, leading program reviews, status reports, teleconferences and visits to/by customers.
- Interacts with highly technical internal personnel and external customers in all matters including contracts, finance, accounting and procurement
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure compliance with program quality specifications.
- Support marketing of programs and products to customers.
- Identify and assist in the development patentable intellectual property.
- Build long-term relationships with key stakeholders at varying levels; recognized as an influential ally.
- Recognize the need for cross-boundary efforts and initiate and develop when they don't exist.
- Identify, prioritize, and solve a broad span of difficult problems that are not isolated and usually contain a large number of variables or elements requiring new approaches to solution.
- Manage programs with latitude/responsibility for most decision, with expectation that critical issues are raised to management in a timely manner.