DiverseGOV a division of Diverse Staffing is currently seeking a Senior Paralegal for a Government position on our Diverse Staffing / Diverse Tech Services team. The Senior Paralegal hired by us, will work at U.S. Attorney’s Office, 615 Chestnut St. Suite 1520 Philadelphia, PA 19106. Some telework may be available at the sole discretion of the government.
The pay rate is $39.75+ please indicate your wage rate when applying.
Work hours are 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays and Office closures. This position will require an extensive federal background check and credit check that could take up to 8 weeks.
Diverse Staffing delivers award-winning staffing and recruitment solutions to our federal, state, and local government partners. Our government customers, and our prime contractors rely on us to provide talent with fresh ideas and empowered minds – individuals with a bright future, just like you! Our employees enjoy great benefits like paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation and medical insurance!
• Assignments vary based on the case, but characteristically involve analyzing legal decisions; compiling substantive information on legal subjects; and collecting, analyzing, and evaluating evidence in connection with hearings, appeals, litigation, or advisory services when these assignments require a specialized knowledge of law. This work is performed in close collaboration with the attorney(s) responsible for the case.
• The paralegal specialist brings case-specific knowledge and expertise to cases and adds value by being able to brainstorm, plan, and anticipate the needs of a case based on this knowledge and expertise.
• Prepares a variety of substantive legal documents
• Prepares immunity requests, writs of habeas corpus prosequendum/testificandum, grand jury and trial subpoenas, attachments to subpoenas and other technical documents.
• Analyzes cases to determine any case-specific requirements based on that evidence or questions, research those requirements, and draft legal documents that are specifically tailored to the needs of the case.
• Conducts interviews of agents and potential witnesses
• Analyzes and summarizes relevant legal precedents for applicability to assigned cases, prepares digest of points of law involved, analyzes appellate records to isolate facts pertinent to distinct legal issues.
• Utilizes a variety of automated legal research tools
• Performs extensive and thorough legal research
• Reviews documents and other materials produced pursuant to subpoena, prepares outlines, reviews case strategy and assists with strategy
• Maintains inventory of materials produced pursuant to subpoena; and prepares outline of substance of documents, materials produced pursuant to grand jury subpoena.
• Analyze and synthetize documents, materials in light of overall case strategy.
• Receive a case, develop a discovery plan, initiate all necessary steps to carry out that plan, and to prepare the case for disposition.
• Provides litigative case management and organizes cases for court presentation
• Notes deficiencies in case materials, e.g., missing documents, conflicting statements, and request further investigation by investigative personnel to correct deficiencies, or personally conducts limited investigations at the pre-trial stage.
• Maintains regular contact with law enforcement agencies and identifies necessary contacts at all agencies without specific assistance from the AUSA.
• Monitors the progress of pending cases
• Independently identify and calendar key dates and activities.
• Compiles, organizes and indexes various discovery and evidence exhibits for trial
• Prepares exhibits for trial
• Maintains accounting systems for materials to be used as exhibits in grand jury proceedings and trials, prepares lists and tables to correlate the exhibits with grand jury transcripts, and keeps a strict account of the exhibits used in such proceedings.
• Prepare more complex exhibits, including those requiring multiple versions or redactions.
• Provides advice to attorney and other legal support staff on the most effective and efficient ways to prepare, present and maintain a variety of administrative legal documents
• Provides automation support
• Develops sophisticated reports
• Manages special projects as assigned including serving as a liaison between the Department of Education and the office for bankruptcy filings, serving as a paralegal trainer, conducting interoffice and external training, serving as a liaison with the Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of managing tax lien cases
It’s time to join a winning team. For immediate consideration, apply online and contact us for an interview at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] #175154