Senior Network Engineer
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Full time direct hire role
No C2C or visa candidates
VERY IMPORTANT: This is a remote role; however, candidate MUST reside within commutable distance from center city Philadelphia to be able to work onsite from time to time.
Send resume to asim dot ghosh at insourcenow dot com
· Palo Alto
· Cloud (preferably AWS) implementation & management
Essential Job Functions
· Secure, maintain, and continuously improve a 24x7 infrastructure environment to run the company’s software and computing systems.
· Ensure that the data centers and cloud environment operate in a resilient manner and are recoverable in the event of a regional disaster or outage.
· Architect, secure, maintain, and continuously improve IP network by considering issues including performance, availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
· Maintain network by configuring and managing network devices.
· Maintain performance through network monitoring, analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and escalating problems to vendor(s).
· Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, recommend, and implement improvements to network security devices including firewalls, IPS/IDS, proxies, VPNs, SD-WAN/WAN Edge, and the network and security components of public cloud technologies.
· Establish, configure, and maintain external network connectivity leveraged for internet access, market data connectivity, third party connectivity, disaster recovery (DR) site, VPNs, voice communications, remote offices, and public cloud.
· Manage, monitor, recommend, and implement improvements to information security tools and systems to continue to add protections and defense for the firm’s infrastructure, systems, and data.
· Manage and administer telephony infrastructure, both the corporate phone system and the trader’s turret system.
· Evaluate, select, and implement technologies to standardize and automate the implementation and configuration of network systems.
· Serve as technical specialist to troubleshoot and resolve system problems and emergencies.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all network resources, key processes, reviewing logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
· Monitor reports and dashboards from security systems to identify any potential security breaches.
· Install new software releases, perform systems upgrades, evaluate, and install patches.
· Mentor other members of the infrastructure team to help them better understand the relationship between their responsibilities and the success of the firm.
· Own end-to-end delivery of certain technology projects including managing scope, quality, and schedule.
· Contribute to strategic infrastructure technology planning.
· Implement, maintain, and test disaster recovery for corporate computing environment.
· Maintains contemporary knowledge of relevant, state-of-the-art technology, equipment and/or systems.
· Perform after hour and weekend changes, maintenance, and deployments, as necessary.