Our data analytics team is seeking a Senior Healthcare Data Analyst to support our quality initiatives!
The Sr. Evaluation Analyst will support CBH performance evaluation activities by producing both routine and ad hoc data analyses and reports associated with CBH’s quality initiatives defined by OMHSAS, including Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) and Program Evaluation Performance (PEP) efforts as well as National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and other Quality Management initiatives. The Sr. Evaluation Analyst will provide critical analyses and interpretation of data and will present executive summary reports of these analyses to CBH senior leadership and contribute to the narrative of CBH’s State reporting requirements. This position reports to the Supervisor of Data Analytics in CBH’s Data Analytics department, under the Operations division, with the majority of the incumbent’s work supporting the evaluation and reporting needs of CBH’s Quality Management Performance Evaluation department.
- Experience working with business users to identify evaluation questions and appropriate evaluation designs.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple high priority evaluation projects.
- Development of technical specifications to create datasets for evaluation and analytic purposes.
- Analyze and synthesize claims data to examine existing and potential trends in quality performance metrics for performance evaluation activities.
- Use of accepted methodologies for evaluation analytics to provide data-informed recommendations for CBH and DBHIDS leadership.
- Develop and present executive summary reports of studies and outcomes to Executive Management and committees.
- Participate in cross-department work groups.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in social sciences, public health, health informatics; Master’s Degree preferred
- License/Certification: N/A
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience in data and statistical analysis, program evaluation, and methodology
- Understanding of national quality metrics (i.e.: HEDIS) and HealthChoices reporting requirements
- Proficient in data and statistical analytic tools (i.e.: SQL, SAS, R, SPSS)
- Familiarity with geospatial software and analysis (i.e.: ArcGIS) and data visualization platforms (Power BI)
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical and analytical requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Healthcare and/or health insurance in behavioral health experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity: Community Behavioral Health (CBH) provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, individual genetic information or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employers who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case in accordance with applicable law.
This job profile reflects management’s assignment of current duties, responsibilities, and essential functions; it does not prescribe all or restrict the tasks that may be assigned now, or in the future, relevant to the responsibilities for this position. Community Behavioral Health (CBH) may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.