A Philadelphia manufacturing company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to join their team as a Senior Engineer. The purpose of the role is to continue development and improvements of existing and newly developed products. The Senior Engineer will be a leader, organized and independent. Main functions of the Senior Engineer role consist of: design new products, re-engineer existing products, work on design improvements, maintain drawings and provide customer support.
The ideal candidate will have core competencies of strong mechanical aptitude, ability to read and understand blueprints and experience reacting quickly regarding customer or business changes.
- Engineering and design of customer specific applications, engineering of existing equipment modifications and design of new equipment.
- Create, update, and maintain drawings.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing, sales and service departments.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or other 3-D modeling software.
- Understanding of creation of a detailed drawings to fully convey form and function.
- Knowledge of engineering design practices, drafting and GD&T.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, ability to adjust design to match production capabilities. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.