Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We’re leading the way in healthcare IT, and we need help developing first-class training to help our customers (providers, clinics, hospitals, and payers) provide more effective and efficient care. Are you a creative instructional designer with a strong background in eLearning development? Do you enjoy working with subject-matter experts to design and develop eLearning, software simulations and other self-study training materials that make a difference? Join our growing team of learning enthusiasts.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Conduct needs, audience, and gap analyses
- Develop curriculum plans
- Design and develop innovative online and blended learning solutions
- Advise other instructional designers developing client training
- Write detailed learning objectives
- Script / storyboard eLearning lessons and assessments
- Assemble eLearning lessons using Storyline
- Create / edit software simulations using tools like Storyline or Camtasia
- Conduct user testing
- Solve complex problems and/or conduct complex analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master's Degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing eLearning and blended learning programs
- Proficiency with tools like Storyline, Camtasia, and Photoshop
- Experience working with learning management systems (LMS)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Health care experience
- Experience recording and editing narration
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Familiarity with SCORM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Instructional design, online learning, e-learning, eLearning, adult learning, curriculum developer, Storyline, Articulate, Camtasia, design, development, implementation, strategy, vision, Salt Lake City, UT, Utah, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, travel, remote