UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Copywriter on our Government Programs creative team, you’ll report to the Creative Director and bring innovation, conceptual ideas and a genuine care and compassion for those we serve - Medicare, Medicaid and Exchange consumers. You’ll work alongside Designers, Production Artists, Producers, Associate Creative Directors and Marketers on a wide range of advertising mediums for both external and internal audiences. Expert understanding of advertising trends, deep understanding of the strategic creative process and engaging presentation skills are expected.
- Partner with other creatives to deliver compelling ideas
- Create and concept content for direct mail, out of home, print, digital, social channels and messaging platforms
- Actively participate in creative briefings and decipher the needs of assignments
- Timeliness is a must - deliver projects on schedule and manage multiple deadlines while effectively partnering with Creative Producers and Project Managers
- Deliver polished and well-written creative materials for internal and external presentations
- Lead creative presentations to Marketing partners and top leadership
- Ask thoughtful questions when receiving direction from creative leaders
- Ability to lead compelling and engaging presentations to leaders across the organization
- Take direction from creative and marketing leadership to deliver assignments at their level of expectation
- Create and inspire exceptional writing skills, understanding, mastering and developing the UnitedHealthcare brand voice
- Effectively lead, direct and collaborate with others on the internal creative team and external agency partners
- Curious, creative problem solver, with a collaborative work style and desire to serve Medicare, Medicaid and Exchange consumers
- Strategic creative, with expert understanding of advertising trends and an ability to generate excitement for new ideas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of advertising/marketing in a corporate or agency environment; experience in copywriting and content development for product/service marketing, sales support and/or customer communication
- Portfolio website with examples of work produced
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to take and synthesize creative critique
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health care experience
- Managerial or leadership experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, self-manage and meet deadlines
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Copywriter, Marketing, Editor, Advertising, Content Development, Creative Writing, Leadership, Manager, Healthcare, Copy Writer, Creative Director, Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota, UHC, UnitedHealthcare