With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Senior-level global leadership role that is accountable for the oversight and management of strategic planning and execution of Content across the CSL Group to support business objectives. The incumbent’s responsibility will include ensuring one integrated global approach and execution plan in the management of content. In engaging with Communications Business Partners, he/she is responsible for the ongoing development and execution of the company’s Content Strategy and ensures Content resources and processes are standardized, integrated and optimized. In leading the global multimedia Content Management Center of Excellence (COE), the incumbent ensures Content is within brand standards and is curated, produced, sequenced and distributed in a strategic, timely manner across CSL Group owned channels. The incumbent will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of Content as well as leading the governance for content curation globally, including facilitating CSL Group Editorial Board.
Additionally, the incumbent will have global oversight and management of strategic planning and execution of all external, leadership & employee communications, issues management and other functional communications supporting the global Information & Technology and Legal Group functions.
The incumbent will be accountable for directing and executing corporate media relations in the northern hemisphere, including providing guidance to best position the Company among external stakeholders. He/she will assist the Chief Communications & Brand Officer with CEO media relations in the northern hemisphere. The incumbent will be responsible for global Employee Communications, developing and executing the Group’s employee communications strategies and plans – including overseeing CSL’s multiple enterprise wide channels and ensuring employee communications enterprise wide processes are adhered to. The leader will be responsible for ensuring that all external, leadership and employee communications are aligned, coordinated and resources are leveraged globally within the scope of this responsibility. He/she also will ensure governance of all global Communications processes, including documentation, staff training and process updates.
Reporting to the CSL Group Chief Communications & Brand Officer, the incumbent will achieve these objectives by:
Modeling CSL Values
Serving as both strategist and executor
Developing clear strategies and measurable execution plans
Leading a cross-functional team for planning and execution.
Developing and delivering leading-edge content for dissemination through multiple channels -- including “earned” media as well as CSL’s “owned” multi-media publishing channels for both internal and external stakeholders/audiences.
As a member of the Company’s Global Communications Leadership Team (CLT), the incumbent actively collaborates with other senior communications leaders and colleagues around the world (especially other CLT members) to focus, coordinate and leverage as one integrated global communications function.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Responsible for the overall global operations and business results delivered by the Content Management COE, Legal and Information & Technology Communications team.,
2. Responsible for directing the global Content Management Center of Excellence. This includes developing its annual objectives to meet business needs, leveraging resources across the Enterprise and ensuring seamless delivery of content across the Enterprise.
3. Responsible for the global accuracy, appropriateness, and on-brand multimedia Content that focuses on supporting business objectives. This includes articles, videos, photos, podcasts, infographics, animations, and other associated content generated from the COE.
4. The incumbent will oversee CSL Group employee communications strategies and plans. This includes that CSL Group employee communications policies are adhered to globally. Responsible for optimizing, sequencing and delivering multimedia content of Enterprise-wide Employee Communications including CSL News, CSL NOW employee app
5. Manages corporate media relations in Northern Hemisphere. This includes developing and executing the annual Media Relations plan for Northern Hemisphere, fostering relationships with Tier 1 journalists and media outlets.
6. Global responsibility to ensure governance of all global Communications processes, including documentation, staff training and process updates.
7. Oversees third-party communications agencies in support of Company’s business objectives, which includes leading agency selection and ensuring the company’s global Brand Position is integrated and reflective in content and onboarding agencies.
8. Ensures Company’s global Brand positioning is reflective in all content for both external and internal audiences.
9. Responsible for professional development and strengthening capabilities of direct team to enhance communications capabilities as part of global organization
10. As a member of the Company’s Global Communications Leadership Team (CLT), the incumbent actively collaborates with other senior communications leaders and colleagues around the world (especially other CLT members) to focus, coordinate and leverage as one integrated global communications function.
11. Exceptional writing and editing skills to role model world-class Content Management
12. Lead specific team to ensure consistency and coordination of Communications across the CSL Group.
13. Ensures global Communications’ processes and policies are established and adhered to globally.
14. Demonstrated ability to influence others, while fostering strong working relationships.
15. Responsible for professional development and strengthening capabilities of team
16. Coach and motivate team.
17. Focus on actively collaborating with key internal stakeholders – particularly with GLG/senior leaders within his/her scope of responsibility and Global Communications Leadership Team - on the development and implementation of content management & global employee communications strategies and plans to achieve business objectives.
18. Demonstrated ability to be effective in a highly matrixed organization.
19. Champion best practices & execute across team through consistent engagement with global Communications team.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or closely related field; MBA or Master’s in communications a plus
• Advanced, progressive professional development training is ideal.
• 12 years' communications experience including communications program/people management, in product or corporate communications/ public relations
• Experience managing communications/teams within a global environment
• Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience desirable
• Applied Science communications experience of 7+ years is highly desirable.
• 3+ years digital communications experience.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a highly matrixed organization is a plus.