Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Audit has a full time opening for a Senior Audit Manager position on the Consumer Lending Audit Team (CLAT). CLAT is responsible for providing independent testing and audit coverage of the Consumer Lending organization that includes Home Lending, Auto, Credit Card, Merchant Services, Personal Lines and Loans and Education Financing.
The Senior Audit Manager will be responsible for building and managing a team, focused on managing independent objective assurance and risk based audits across Auto Lending
Given the growing responsibilities within Audit that are driven by heightened expectations, regulatory compliance and internal controls, the ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, collaborate well with others, and possess excellent trouble shooting, resolution, technical and critical thinking skills. Strategic insight into the alignment of resources, administration, and reporting/communication of the schedule will also be critical for this role. Flexibility is very important in this role as priorities and assignments change frequently. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for excellence and results, and personal accountability for achievement and outcomes.
The Senior Audit Manager supervises integrated audit projects and provides guidance and oversight for the teams and engagements and may act as a subject matter expert in a consulting capacity. Senior Audit Managers demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge that includes technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses and may develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
- Manages a team responsible for a defined segment of the Audit Plan.
- Accountable for assessing associated risks and controls and completing engagements within their segment of the audit plan.
- Responsible for resources management and assisting broader team in overall audit plan completion.
- Provides timely feedback, coaching and monitoring of development plans.
- Builds and maintains a proficient team of auditors.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with leadership across WF and other stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies.
- Plans and organizes work in an annual cycle, not just project cycle.
- Ensures audit engagements are risk-based, and executed according to Audit policies and guidance.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: leading teams covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Leadership experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience auditing consumer lending businesses such as auto, home lending or credit card
- Proven leadership experience with multi-functional teams across multiple locations
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.