With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The role’s focus is on financial planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis, ensuring that controlling activities support the NA Commercial Operations strategy. The position holder assists in providing accurate, comprehensive and timely information on behalf of Commercial Operations regarding bi-weekly, month-end, forecast, budget and strategic plan submissions to Global ComOps Finance, Group Finance and other internal customers. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas: region/market sales, gross margin, operating expenses, pricing and gross-to-net analysis, business performance analytics, key performance indicators, five-year strategic plan preparation and supporting documentation. S/he must be able to integrate, consolidate and cross analyze information responsibly into comprehensive analyses with well supported insights that are relevant, sound and timely. S/he will provide decision support and financial counsel to their assigned internal customers within North America ComOps.
- Role that this position reports to:
- Senior Director, Finance, North America Commercial Operations
- Role/s that report to this position:
- Key relationships to this position:
- North America Commercial Operation
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work collaboratively with the NA ComOps Finance team in support of bi-weekly, month-end, forecast, budget and various analytical initiatives on behalf of the NA Commercial Operations group. This may include, but is not limited to, the preparation and analysis of the following areas to meet published deadlines: region / market sales, gross margin, operating expenses, pricing and gross-to-net analysis, business performance analytics, key performance indicators, five-year strategic plan preparation and supporting documentation.
- Effectively prepare and communicate key highlights and business drivers impacting the region /
- market’s commercial business to internal stakeholders and Global ComOps Finance. Responsibilities include compiling in-depth written narratives, delivering presentations (as needed), as well as proactively investigating and providing meaningful analyses of key operational variances (sales, OPEX, etc.) to support management decision making.
- Provide financial support to key business partners in support of OPEX initiatives related to month-end, forecast and budget submissions. This includes the preparation, analysis and communication of operating expense variance drivers and presentation materials, as well as meeting periodically with key business partners to ensure accuracy and alignment of OPEX targets
- Perform analyses, assessments and business cases for new and existing products as well as partake in various project teams on behalf of Global Commercial Operations Finance.
- Lead or contribute to projects helping to improve productivity in the area of Commercial Finance & Controlling in order to improve operational excellence
- Fulfill various sales reporting requirements for internal and external customers, as well as provide economic and net present value analysis (NPV) as needed.
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with all CSL finance teams globally to ensure strict alignment and validation of financial data, as well as to ensure adherence to CSL’s internal and external financial planning and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of systems and processes to ensure high quality, efficient and timely output of management reports and analyses. Provide input into business requirement definition for both process and system improvements. Lead Training and Deployment initiatives of systems and processes. Evaluate new systems, tools and instruments that optimize resources in planning and reporting activities.
- Serve as a BPC, MDG, Qliksense and Power BI super-user on behalf of NA Commercial Operations Finance. Responsibilities include providing training and documentation to new and existing users, as well as responding to questions as needed to ensure team members are using the system appropriately.
- Support the preparation of semi-annual reporting packages, sales narratives and other ad-hoc requests from both Investor Relations and Group Finance.
Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree with major(s) in Finance, Accounting or other related Business fields, including Economics, Business Administration, etc.
- 3-5 years of financial accounting, planning, reporting and analysis experience, including interacting with diverse functional areas and management levels in the preparation of actual, budget and forecast financial information.
- US life sciences commercial finance experience inclusive of including Gross to Net analysis and reporting.
- Has a high level of skill in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and preferably brings experience with BPC/Analysis for Office and Power BI.
- Can manage ambiguity and has an ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment. Can manage several overlapping priorities/projects at the same time. Is results driven and dedicated to either meeting or exceeding customer requirements, and works at continuously improving processes.
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, is sensitive to cross cultural differences, and has the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to all levels in the organization in both formal and informal settings. Is able to effectively and creatively solve problems in an efficient and timely manner in both an individual and collaborative setting.