Ref ID: 03710-0011157435
Classification: Sr. Accountant
Our client in Montgomery County is looking for a Senior Accountant for a 6-month contract role. The position will report to the Corporate Controller and possess the experience to understand and help maintain needed financial controls and assist the Controller across the board in Accounting duties. The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying principals, theories, concepts, and practices to a wide variety of complex issues, while maintaining responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting/GL accounting.
Responsibilities of Senior Accountant
- Support the accounting close process for the US and Canada subsidiaries and adhere to monthly close schedule for preparing accurate journal entries and completing reconciliations timely
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and variance analyses for various accounts such as cash, prepaid expenses, capitalized commissions, fixed assets, accruals, etc. and resolve questions timely and accurately
- Perform the monthly expense allocation process.
- Participate in the external audit process, with a specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data
- Assist with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with business partners to effectively deploy new operating processes and controls
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Support management in completing special projects and other ad hoc assignments as required
If you are interested in this or similar Senior Accountant roles please call Darlene Rencher at 484-254-9060