A growing real estate company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their accounting team. If you are eager to learn, advance in your career and want to work in an exciting fast paced environment, this could be the right role for you.
The Senior Accountant role is part of a team responsible for historical cost fund-level accounting activities including debt and equity transactions, consolidation of real estate properties into their respective funds for internal and external reporting, and financial analysis of fund-level results and operating metrics.
- Compile and prepare accounting support and records for debt and equity transactions
- Obtain source property level information from the accounting system and consolidate these properties into the appropriate funds for purposes of reporting.
- Perform analysis over the performance of the fund portfolios to identify key drivers for changes in performance, trends and potential anomalies, for management review.
- Maintain and compile required corporate workpapers. Such workpapers include, but are not limited to, reconciliations to the accounting system, data completeness checks and fluctuation analysis.
- Assist Corporate Accounting Manager in ad hoc analysis regarding fund performance to provide key insight into business performance
- Interaction with joint venture partners to provide analysis of performance of portfolios we manage or to obtain and analyze information of performance of portfolios we do not manage
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 2 years' related experience in public or corporate accounting
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Real Estate Industry (preferred)
- Yardi experience (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her areas of responsibility. Ability to manage competing priorities
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)