St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Security Officer provides a valuable resource of information and service for patients, visitors and the staff at the hospital. At all times the officer must display a professional, helpful, and positive attitude when dealing with all internal and external customers. In addition, the officer is responsible to perform security duties, respond to all security alerts, fires, and disasters (i.e. Disasters Levels I, II, III, and IV, etc.). The core responsibility is to protect staff, visitors, patients, and property according to policy and procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols hospital property to ensure the safety for patients, visitors, employees, etc.
- Handles and monitors patients that exhibit violent behavior.
- Investigates security related incidents and documents findings on an incident report.
- Documents and maintains a daily report of activities.
- Locks and unlocks various buildings around the hospital campus.
- Responsible for being part of the fire and disaster response teams.
- Enforces the hospital parking policy.
- Displays a caring and professional attitude when greeting all customers at all times.
- Demonstrates competence, as a member of the security alert team, in responding to agitation/ violent behavior of an individual requiring verbal de-escalation and/or physical restraint.
- Performs hazardous patient decontamination procedures. Identifies hazards, selects proper personal protective equipment (including respiratory protection) sets up appropriate decontamination systems, removes contaminated clothing from patients, and contains contaminated wastes for proper disposal.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Individual must be able to meet established specific physical requirements of the job; sitting for up to eight (8) hour/day, four (4) hour at a time; standing for up to eight (8) hours/day, 4 hours at a time, and walking for up to eight (8) hours/day, 4 hours at a time. Frequent handling and firm griping in moving equipment, rarely fingering and twisting/turning. Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and walking of objects weighing in excess of 200 pounds with assistance if needed. Occasional stooping/bending, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to general vision and color vision, and depth perception.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate (G.E.D.).
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience in security/security related fields and customer service is preferred.
Must have and maintain valid PA or NJ Driver’s License accepted by the Network insurance carrier and a good driving record.
Must obey and adhere to all motor vehicle regulations and laws while operating hospital vehicles.
6:00pm-2:30am with rotating days off
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!