Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
This Job Description is for the Information Technology Job Family, and could include anyone within the ITS department that performs these tasks.. An ideal candidate must have knowledge of, be able to perform actions that are related to activities in the designated business line.. The QA Engineer position designs or modifies testing/data validation/quality assurance for automated applications and procedures for solutions to business problems of moderate to high complexity.. Also has full operational knowledge of all phases of testing and is able to work at a high level of complexity related to quality assurance with minimal supervision.. Directs and reviews work of lower-level personnel and/or may perform as an individual contributor on large and complex systems.. Has working knowledge of one or more FRS system testing platforms.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is looking to fill a position in the Software Quality Assurance group of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department. We promote new ways for building and delivering software solutions for the departments of the Federal Reserve System.
We are looking for a motivated DEV/Test Engineer who is passionate about testing software through automation.
You will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of software, system, and test engineers to develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies for the bank. This will include integration with external data providers and partners.
You’ll work with product and engineering teams to identify features, develop and automate system validation strategies to improve product quality and shorten release time from dev to production.
Your work will involve the test and validation of applications, database and services in the application architecture.
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify and implement testing strategies using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Work with software engineers to understand product architecture and features
- Create and maintain data scenarios to support test plans and test cases
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to provide high quality software
- SQL and ability to write complex queries to validate
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter.
- Knowledge of Python, Docker, AWS services, BDD concepts is a plus
- Excellent communications skills. Independently, presents both orally and in writing, findings and assessments; prepares and presents information and responses to higher complexity inquiries; demonstrate the ability to manage the communication process; communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues, in transfer technical knowledge; diffuse conflict and builds agreement.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems; Demonstrate expert level analytical and problem solving skills; organize information in a manner that effectively communicates issues; identify underlying issues, and recognizes symptoms that indicate more severe problems or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to lead and participate on a team; lead complex and diverse team efforts by virtue of both technical expertise and leadership skills of influence; draw on experience to resolve higher complexity issues; display strong interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management skills. Identifies and assesses higher complexity supervisory issues; manages higher complexity issues in order to meet our goals.
- Excellent knowledge of different systems and technologies with an ability to learn new skills and technology quickly. An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies.
- Subject to minimal or no oversight in work performed; serves as mentor and/or coach and provides constructive feedback to less experienced staff; engage other partners in collecting feedback and input to complete work activities.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor`s degree with a concentration in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent significant experience in information technology and software testing is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience designing and developing test automation using a software development approach.
- Minimum 5 years of automation development experience with technologies described above.
To see the full job description, click the link below, this position will follow the AUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT TESTING TRACK:
We offer a great benefits package that features:
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More…
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop and retain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer seven employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Background investigations including drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen when eligible to do so and pursue a path to citizenship. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a permanent resident and a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an applicable background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.