Scientist Limited Certifying - Norristown, PA - Wednesday to Saturday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
To describe the responsibilities of the Limited Certifying Scientist within the Forensic Toxicology Drug Testing Laboratory. This position reports to the Positive Scientist Supervisor and Responsible Person. A Limited Certifying Scientist reviews analytical data to ensure accuracy, completeness and defensibility of testing results and reporting documents prior to release of a result report. The focus of this position is Brazilian hair testing, oral fluid testing and insurance/clinical testing.
This position works within the Employer Solutions system. The incumbent is directly responsible to:
1) Certify negative, positive and rejected for testing results according to the Laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual for Brazilian hair testing, oral fluid, clinical and insurance specimens.
2) Ensure that all test results reported by the laboratory are accurate and legally defensible.
3) Interact on a limited basis with clients, medical review officers, call center representatives and sales staff in a professional manner in order to address questions pertaining to the drug testing process.
4) Interact with laboratory inspectors to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of the lab SOPS, QC practices, analytical procedures, test theory, reporting procedures, corrective actions and applicable regulations pertaining to drug testing.
5) Maintain a working knowledge of the accessioning procedures and protocols to ensure proper specimen and chain of custody handling.
6) Maintain a working knowledge of the theory and practice of initial and confirmatory test methods used in the laboratory.
7) Have a thorough understanding of all laboratory:
a) quality control practices and procedures.
b) data review processes
c) procedures for interpretation of test results
d) protocols for reporting results.
8) Provide appropriate feedback to the Supervisor and Responsible Person in order to assist in maintaining an accurate SOP.
9) Maintain a thorough understanding of all state and other regulatory requirements as they pertain to applicable aspects of forensic drug testing.
10) Take proper remedial action in response to test systems being out of control limits or detecting aberrant test or quality control results.
11) Function as a technical resource for department personnel in accessioning, screening and confirmation areas.
12) Comply with all safety and regulatory requirements as defined and applicable.
13) Follow work schedule as defined by the Supervisor.
14) Actively participate in department meetings by providing constructive feedback.
15) Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Responsible Person
-A bachelor’s degree in the chemical or biological sciences, medical technology, or equivalent.
-Four years of experience in laboratory work.
-Knowledge of the methods and procedures used by the laboratory that are relevant to the results that the individual certifies.Training and experience in reviewing and reporting test results, maintenance of chain of custody, and understanding proper remedial action in response to the problems that may arise.