Job Title: Scientist - II (Associate)
Location: West Point, PA
Duration: 6 Months
The West Point Quantitative Biosciences team is looking for you to join their team for an exciting and rewarding role as a Scientist.
In this rewarding role, you will be supporting drug discovery programs by the execution of in vitro assays under the direction of senior staff. In addition, you will be performing the following duties, however not limited to:
- Data analysis/report generation
- Performs laboratory work accurately and on a timely basis.
- Investigate and troubleshoot unexpected results under minor supervision.
- Responsible for proper recording and review of test results, related data, and necessary calculations in a manner consistent with current GMPs and SOPs
- Responsible for identifying testing abnormalities, assessing data trends, troubleshooting analytical testing issues, and escalating events to supervisor when appropriate.
- Use of an ELN for data management.
- Assist and coordinate routine equipment maintenance.
- Executing mammalian and CHO cell-based assays.
- Utilize assay formats such as Calcium mobilization assays (using a FLIPR), alphalisa, HTRF, radioligand filter binding, and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Performs related laboratory maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment.
- Prepare buffers & assembling compound plates.
- Following existing lab protocols.
- Use of incubators to thaw cells.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Biology, Pharmacology, or other related discipline, and 3-5 years of non-academic previous lab experience, preferably in an industrial setting. Would consider a lesser college degree with commensurate experience.
- Qualified candidates will have experience developing and executing cell-based assays utilizing multiple assay formats such as Calcium mobilization assays (using a FLIPR), alphalisa, HTRF, radioligand filter binding, and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Previous experience using the Molecular Devices FLIPR instrument is an absolute must.
- Mammalian and CHO cell culture knowledge.
- The preferred candidate will also have experience with one or more automated liquid handlers (combi/multi drop, Bravo, EVO and ECHO acoustic dispenser) and readers (Envision, TopCount, and Acumen Explorer).
- He or she must also be familiar with molecular biology techniques (transfection, utilization of AAV or Bacmams to modulate protein expression) and willing to work in a BSL2 setting.
- Knowledge of Neuroscience and Alzheimer’s Disease are also preferred.
- High degree of accountability and attention to detail, quality, and timely delivery are essential.
- Experience with curve fitting data analysis software (GraphPad Prism, ABASE) and Electronic Lab Notebooks are desired.
- About you – You are an organized, self-starter! You are collaborative, self-motivated, and friendly. You take instruction well and learn quickly. You have impeccable written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. You are not afraid to share your ideas and hear others. You have an extremely keen attention to detail. You are self-managed and very efficient.
- Onsite in West Point; No remote work however there could be a day out of the week where resources may be allowed to work remotely.