You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Get ready to impact health care - one member at a time. As a Health Coach, you'll establish personal wellness plans focused on instituting healthier lifestyle patterns for our members. You'll improve you own career outlook, too. That's because UnitedHealth Group has an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. This is an inspiring job at a truly inspired organization where you will have the opportunity to help millions live healthier lives.
This position requires evening and Saturday hours. This position is full-time, Tuesday to Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 12:30 pm – 9:30 pm CST with 9:30am – 6:00pm CST on Fridays. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Assist clients in creating healthy goals for their personal health & wellness programs
- Deliver effective telephonic/chat coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change
- Adapt telephonic/chat coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age-specific needs of each client
In this role, you will need to be flexible and adaptable. You'll be supporting a variety of populations with a wide range of health challenges. Key here will be your ability to influence and help positively change your clients' daily routines and habits is a key to your success in this role.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) preferably in health education, nutrition, exercise physiology or closely related field
- 3+ years of experience in direct education and/or coaching with individuals for disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change
- Current and unrestricted Registered Dietician
- Proficiency in PC-based word processing and database documentation - Internet, Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, and sort spreadsheets, basic analytical formulas (VLOOKUP, if)
- Basic knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition, and weight management
- Ability to work evening and Saturday hours, full-time, Tuesday to Saturday between 12:30 pm – 9:30 pm CST with 9:30am – 6:00pm CST on Fridays. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Prior contact center or telephonic coaching experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development
- Flexible, open to new ideas, and willing to take on new responsibilities
- Willingness to teach, learn and be open to new and innovative ways of delivering prevention lifestyle intervention services
- Must demonstrate insight into human behavior and have the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at varying levels of skill and education preparation
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $22.93 to $40.58. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW