Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for a Sample Management Scientist in West Point, PA.
Sample Management Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Support efforts in acquisition, qualification, testing, and implementation of sample materials through the physical sampling, labeling, distribution (import and export), and monitoring of these samples globally.
- Serve as primary logistics coordinator for major vaccine and biologics franchises in the Biologics and Vaccine Analytics (BVA) Department
- Perform appropriate second scientist and second person review as required
- Build and maintain Research LIMS specifications and specification lists for vaccine and biologics franchises
- Serve as primary trainer and subject matter expert for BioInventory systems throughout BVA and the Sample Management Team
- As required, train on laboratory methods supporting key analytical method transfer activities.
- Ensure all work is compliant with all regulatory expectations
- Conform to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as they apply to the functions of the position.
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong scientific and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Visio
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills with both English and ESL speakers
- High level of attention to detail, in particular with the preparation of GMP documentation and the work associated with that documentation.
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Highly self-motivated, expected to contribute to the work as a leader at all times.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Experience in classical biochemical assays and molecular biological techniques
- GMP experience
- Experience in statistical analysis using with JMP, Minitab, or Excel
- Technical writing experience
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
Position is full-time 8am-5pm Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.