$1000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
If you are located within 30 miles of Latham, NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a critical member of our local outreach team, you will be responsible for increasing patient engagement through direct member outreach in the community, including in hospitals, sub-acute facilities, long - term care settings, and door to door canvassing of eligible patients. You will use a combination of inside and outside sales methods, along with deeply rooted relationships within your community, to offer our incredible care model to eligible members.
Whether on the phone or in - person, here is a snapshot of what you would be selling as a Community Health Advocate:
In - home medical care that is always available
Added care & services that coordinate with primary care doctors and other specialists
Better quality of life, conveniently delivered to the patient - with no co - pay
It gets better. You would work from home when not traveling within the community, receive mileage reimbursement, and be well compensated with a competitive salary and uncapped earning potential thanks to a generous quarterly incentive (bonus) plan. And at the end of each day, you would have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped improve the lives of the people in your own community.
This position is full - time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM EST OR CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. This is a remote role involving frequent local travel within your community. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
As a Community Health Advocate, you will:
- Identify innovative strategies to enroll patients into the Landmark Health program
- Develop the relationship between Landmark and hospital personnel, patients, physicians, community organizations, retirement communities, assisted living, primary care, and skilled nursing facilities
- Coordinate meetings with community providers, home health providers, facility discharge planners, and health plan case managers; including preparation and delivery of presentations on Landmark’s services
- Uses critical thinking skills to create outreach strategies that are designed to maximize patient awareness and registration into Landmark’s program
- Leverage reporting and dashboards to prioritize telephonic and field-based outreach to members
- Successfully meet and / or exceed engagement monthly targets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of related experience in a sales, direct marketing, OR customer service capacity
- Proficient in using Microsoft office: Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets), and Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to create, edit, save, and send presentations)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area (if you are driving a vehicle, then you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM EST OR CST
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- Experience in healthcare
- Reside within 30 miles of Latham, NY
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Proven ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated achievement mindset: ability to consistently hit sales targets
- Proven ability to multi - task and work in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and project management skills
- Proven success with time management and territory organizational skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and / or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by car
- Will require regular travel to Physician offices, hospitals, sub - acute facilities and other community partners and non - home - based market offices
- Noise level is usually moderate
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW