Community College of Philadelphia
The Department of Allied Health at the Community College of Philadelphia invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Respiratory Care Technology for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Respiratory Care Technology Program at CCP is a fully accredited program by the Commission for Accreditation on Respiratory Care; graduates will be able to sit for all National Board for Respiratory Care credentialing exams. Our instructors work as a team to ensure the students are prepared to pass their NBRC exams and are prepared to function at a Graduate Therapist level upon completion of our program. We offer classroom instruction, including laboratory instruction and competency testing. We also offer clinical instruction at many Philadelphia Hospitals and Cooper Hospital in New Jersey. All faculty are expected to be able to function as classroom instructors, lab instructors, and clinical instructors in area hospitals.
The Allied Health Department consists of the following select AAS degree programs: Dental Hygiene; Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Health Care Studies, Health Services Management, Medical Lab Technology, and Respiratory Care Technology. In addition to the degree programs, the Department offers four proficiency certificates in the following areas: Ophthalmic Technician, Medical Assisting, Medical Insurance Billing and Patient Service Representative. Allied health courses, are offered on the College's main campus, the Northeast Regional Center and the Northwest Regional Center campuses.
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
• Teach classroom, lab, and clinical components of Respiratory Care Technology Program that include the following topics: hemodynamics, respiratory physiology, respiratory mechanics, and pulmonary functions. Must be willing to supervise students during clinical experiences.
• Work as a team with fellow instructors to enrich our knowledge and student knowledge in the field of Respiratory care; may include meetings, conferences, and off campus activities after classroom/clinical hours.
• Participate in course/program assessment and course development, student mentoring, and retention.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities for clinical experiences.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Qualified candidates must have a Master's degree in any related healthcare area.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist with a current PA license.
• Recent practitioner experience for a minimum of four years.
• Be familiar with computer programs that can enhance our program's ability to prepare for clinical and accreditation visits.
• Experience with teaching and developing on-line courses.
• College teaching experience in Respiratory Care.
• Ability to organize and implement projects.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional referenced REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Salary Grade or Rank
Rank 5 or Rank 6
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree in any related healthcare area?
- * Are you a registered Respiratory Therapist with a current PA license?
- * Do you have recent practitioner experience for a minimum of four years?
- * Are you familiar with computer programs that can enhance our program's ability to prepare for clinical and accreditation visits?
- * Do you have experience with teaching and developing on-line courses?
- * Do you have college-level teaching experience in Respiratory Care?
- Do you have the ability to organize and implement projects?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)