Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Remote Director, PenFed Homes at one of the following locations: McLean, Virginia; San Antonio, Texas; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ; West Islip, New York; Astoria, New York. The primary purpose of this position is to execute the Real Estate Demand Generation strategy for driving incremental purchase mortgage and home equity production by focusing on members and non-members who are in the home buying and selling process. This Director, PenFed Homes will partner with all areas of the Home Loans division along with PenFed Realty to develop and implement services that help members find, win and finance home purchases, improving the member experience and the financial well-being of PenFed members. This will include creating a compelling value proposition for members to use PenFed Homes and generating the needed awareness and demand. Successful execution will require creating and implementing a value proposition and go-to-market strategy that changes the way members shop for homes, integrating the shopping and financing process into one ecosystem that disrupts existing business models.
**This position is available remotely within 100 miles of job location**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Design and execute the strategic vision for PenFed Homes and real estate demand generation capacities, partnering with Marketing, IT, PenFed Realty, Compliance, Business Controls, Legal and other key Enterprise departments.
- Implement lead generation and awareness campaigns needed to achieve volume and revenue objectives for all mortgage and home equity products from members who are in the home buying and selling process.
- Create a market-leading and disruptive home shopping and financing package of services and effectively bring it to market.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Leaders to design the PenFed Homes member experience and expand the program nationally.
- Partner with PenFed Realty to implement strategies to increase PenFed Home Loans’ penetration of PenFed Realty real estate transactions, while maintaining strict regulatory compliance.
- Enable Retail Loan Officers to increase purchase mortgage transactions from realtor referrals, through effective and compliant marketing and relationship building techniques.
- Explore and develop business relationships with buyers to increase distribution and member service features.
- Define and oversee full prospect lifecycle, including nurturing campaigns, to improve referral source and client engagement.
- Partner with Mortgage Marketing, Growth Initiatives, Marketing Ops, Content Marketing, Lead Management, and Channel Marketing teams to execute campaigns and new strategies.
- Successfully manage and influence Centralized Corporate Marketing partners and external vendors to execute marketing strategies and campaigns on behalf of the Home Loans Marketing Team.
- Serve as a real estate services and purchase mortgage subject matter expert, staying current on key trends in the market and effectively communicating them to the entire organization and ensuring the team is assessing and acting on competitive and market changes as they occur.
- Lead the creation of innovative creative assets, messaging, and awareness campaigns that effectively engage prospects and increase brand equity in targeted markets.
- Establish, measure, and optimize KPI’s to drive profitability and ROI.
- Proactively work with compliance and legal partners to ensure we are delivering an optimal and compliant process.
- Effectively communicate results, trends and strategies through technical reports and presentations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing, Communications, Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or Business Analytics. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of Twelve (12) years of marketing, retail mortgage originations, and/or real estate services experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years managing professional level employees.
- Proven track record of leading innovative and successful real estate services and/or retail mortgage originations strategies from concept to go-to-market launch.
- Deep understanding of the residential home buying industry and full-funnel performance metrics and levers to drive conversion at every stage.
- Proven track record of improving sales through effective sales enablement.
- Knowledge of content marketing, digital marketing, event marketing, email marketing and other methods used to engage prospects.
- Ability to plan, direct and advise others on highly complex and sensitive projects and prepare and present technical reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; high degree of proficiency in synthesizing and communicating data from a variety of disciplines.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other graphics or presentation software; familiarity with statistical software desirable.
- Experience with marketing automation & CRM tools such as Adobe, Total Expert, Velocify and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage pricing, processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of agency, non-agency, FHA, VA, and home equity lending guidelines.
- Understanding of Federal Regulations governing Real Estate Lending.
This position will directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds. *
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.