The Registered Nurse provides a wide range of nursing care to patients in the home care setting. The Registered Nurse will have a primary focus of patient assessment, quality care, teaching of patients and caregivers and performance of skilled procedures. The RN utilizes the nursing process which includes the use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members to achieve positive clinical outcomes with the home health patients. All care delivered is based on the Standards of Practice for Pennsylvania state and must be in compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Follows the established patient plan of care. Provides input to the Clinical Manager and other professional staff members involved in the case regarding identified changes in client condition or identified needs.
- Secures necessary information from patients to verify appropriate payer source and ensure continued coverage as assigned.
- Performs nursing assessment (initial and ongoing) per company policy.
- Maintains excellent assessment skills and clinical knowledge and expertise.
- Delivers quality nursing care through appropriate and skillful interventions and observations.
- Performs treatments and procedures according to company policy and skilled nursing practice standards.
- Safely administers and documents medications according to agency policy.
- Notifies the physician and agency management of significant changes in patient status and obtains change orders as necessary.
- Completes visit notes thoroughly with emphasis on documenting skilled services provided and homebound status documentation.
- Submits notes and Daily Visit Records on timely basis in conjunction with agency policy.
- Performs supervisory visits in accordance with policy.
- Maintains established productivity standards on a regular basis.
- Assists in orientation for new employees as assigned.
- Accurately completes OASIS D electronical documentation and forms.
- Exhibits strong documentation skills and assures that client documentation is compliant with agency and regulatory policy.
- Participates in agency on call rotation as assigned.
- Participates in data collection for Quality Improvement activities as evidenced by participation records.
- Supports the goal of continuous Quality Improvement by reporting complaints, making pertinent suggestions to improve efficiency, customer service, customer satisfaction and/or cost containment.
- Follows organizational policies and procedures regarding infection control, disposal of hazardous waste and use of protective devices as evidenced by documentation and the absence of related incident reports.
- Supports the principles of the Corporate Compliance Program, attends orientation and in service updates.
- Performs related duties as required