- Assesses and documents patient's weight, height, and vital signs.
- Updates patient's record at each visit with medications, immunizations, medical or surgical procedures.
- Assesses patient's health literacy, providing patient support with intake questionnaires and completion of requisite medical record information, e.g. obtaining and maintaining current and accurate histories.Prepares patients for examination
- Assists with procedures, specimen collection, and testing as needed
- Administers injections as directed by the physician.
- Reviews prescription renewal requests and responds to patient prescription questions. Telephones in prescription renewals or orders as directed or requested by the physician.
- Provides patient education
- Knowledge of all medical procedures performed in the office.
- Educate patients concerning testing procedures and follow-up.
- Manages intake of all patient telephone calls into the department for prescription requests or inquiries and medical concerns.
- Retrieves patient phone messages, manages and resolves phone messages for physicians, if possible, and documents the patient's call and the department's response in patient chart. Triage patient telephone calls to identify issues that require physician attention.
- Performs pre-certification of prescription medications.
- Communicates with pharmacists regarding prescriptions and renewals as directed by physicians
- Communicates with patients, families and other health care providers
- Calls patient with test results, as directed by the physicians
- Facilitates the department's completion of patients' forms from such outside sources as disability, workers compensation, schools and DOT., /
- Responsible for maintaining schedule of lumbar puncture procedures, ensuring that the appropriate supplies and equipment are available for the procedure, and coordinating appointments.
- Act as a liaison between patient, families, MD, social work, and neurology fellows/residents as needed.
- Develops and updates clinical policies within the outpatient setting
Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University.
ASN/ Nursing Diploma Required. BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Three years of experience as a registered nurse.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.