The Regional Human Resource Manager (HRM) provides Human Resource consulting to a defined geography in the areas of performance management, culture building, change management, diversity and inclusion, safety leadership and governance and compliance. This position identifies, prioritizes and aligns Human Resource programs and initiatives in support of building a world class sales organization. They formulate partnerships with the broader Human Resource function to deliver best in class service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
• Providing counsel to store managers and Market Sales Managers by proactively identifying issues and opportunities with available metrics, taking action, driving initiatives and executing action plans.
• Lead the talent management strategy for the geographic area of responsibility, including developing robust succession planning/talent management, developing internal talent, and supporting the recruiting strategy to ensure we have the right people at the right time.
• Maintains detailed up-to-date succession plan to build and develop the bench for the key positions (manager, designer, sales professionals).
• Oversees the La-Z-Boy University Training Stores to ensure successful execution of and compliance with the training program.
• Partners with Market Sales Managers to conduct regular leadership training sessions, to include but not limited to, recruitment/selection, staffing techniques, coaching/counseling, disciplinary discussions, exit interviews and employee relations.
• Coach and guide managers through complex employee relations issues and conducting thorough and objective investigations as needed. Upon conclusion of investigation, interprets and applies policies to recommend solutions that are fair and consistent.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to store managers and Market Sales Manager, ensuring consistent execution of the performance management process.
• Participates in hiring, training and retaining the highest quality team leaders who exhibit knowledge, skills and abilities to drive sales in their stores; demonstrate strong initiative, leadership skills and business acumen.
• Demonstrates change leadership and partners with Market Sales Managers to drive culture change.
• Acts as a resource and at times a liaison with various Human Resource Centers of Excellence (i.e. Benefits, Compensation, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position provides Human Resources leadership and functional support for all retail employees and the management team in up 3 markets comprising of up to 35 retail locations with annual revenue of up to $125M. As a functional part of the core team, this position will work to increase our bottom line profitability by directly impacting our employees through employee and leadership development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management, with 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• 1-3 years supervisory/leadership experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Travel Required: Up to 50%
• Certified SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports but this role will oversee 150- 250 employees
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment/no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Nearly continuously use repetitive hand motion, hear and listen. Often required to sit, talk, stand, and walk. Seldom required to bend and stoop. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.