This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brian Raffle
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000 per year
A bit about us:
Our client, a mid-sized law firm, is looking to add a receptionist to their staff.
Why join us?
Our client is hiring a Receptionist to their growing administrative staff. This position involves answering the telephone and responding to inquiries for and obtaining information from the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. This position is part of the front desk team and would work in conjunction with that team and the Intake team and perform correlating duties. The Receptionist would provide information about our client which includes: location of offices, hours of operation and general scope of services provided. The position reports directly to the Office Manager and is an integral part of the administrative support team. The ability to communicate effectively and with a welcoming attitude is a requirement of this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Answers and routes telephone calls in a prompt, professional and friendly manner.
- Takes accurate messages for staff.
- Maintains daily appointment log/ Outlook Calendar.
- Identifies budding and current, potential or actual volatile situations with clients and or visitors and responds by first attempting to deescalate the situation and then following internal safety protocols if necessary.
- Monitors ingress and egress of clients and visitors.
- Provides information to callers seeking services with the highest level of customer service engagement.
- Greets clients in a friendly and respectful manner and gathers necessary information to determine eligibility for services.
- Opens client files in case management system and completes conflict checks.
- On occasion, makes appropriate legal and non-legal referrals to appropriate agencies or organizations, including other public interest law firms, government agencies, and associations.
- Responds to clients and performs other client contact as requested by attorney and paralegal staff.
- Provides relief to other front desk staff as requested by the Office Manager and or Managing Attorney and serves as the backup for other support staff. Works as part of the front desk team in all capacities.
- Performs initial screening of client eligibility for services.
- Access client database to identify case-handlers and input notes where appropriate.
- Ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure.
- Closes and maintains files in accordance with standard office procedure for file maintenance and storage and retrieves closed files at case-handlers’ request.
- Operates and maintains office machinery necessary to complete assignments=, including fax, photocopier, and scanner.
- Copies documents for attorneys, paralegals, and clients when necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail to staff.
- Delivers mail to post office in a timely fashion.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance of office equipment (i.e. change typewriter ribbons, refill paper or toner in photocopiers, change film/toner in facsimile machines), and notifies Office Manager to place service calls for repairs as necessary.
- Maintains work area, lobby, conference room and kitchen’s physical appearance.
- Performs additional functions and other duties as requested.
In addition to those duties listed above, the Receptionist:
- Greets clients and other visitors and communicates by telephone in both English and Spanish.
- Reviews and translates simple documents to and from English and Spanish.
- Performs routine interpretation for staff and is part of a rotating calendar for interpretation.
- Performs additional translation functions and duties as requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with a welcoming demeanor with clients, visitors, and staff.
- Deal with people in a non-judgmental, empathetic, patient, and understanding manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- Exercise superior judgment and decisiveness.
- Provide staff with a comprehensive level of clerical support to ensure that work is produced in an accurate and professional manner.
- Act as a positive interactive liaison between the case-handlers and their clients and other professionals.
- Ensure that there is a flexible flow of support around the daily activities faced by staff.
- Provide mentoring assistance to new staff members as appropriate and necessary to ensure consistent staff development.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and be punctual for the start of the business day and upon returning from lunch and breaks.
- Use automated software applications including Microsoft Office products.
- Be efficient, patient, and thoughtful in an environment that is subject to many interruptions.
- Be dependable, show initiative and concern for the interests of clients.
- Work cooperatively with other staff in a non-judgmental, respectful, and professional manner.
- Use computers and willing to be trained on new software applications.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.