Real-time Control Software Developer - Warehouse Automation
OPEX Corporation is a global leader in next generation warehouse automation using industrial robotics, development, manufacturing, production, installation, and service. We are looking to hire a Real-time Control Software Developer in our warehouse automation division at our World Headquarters in Moorestown, NJ, to help create new Robotic Warehouse Automation products in a still forming, yet rapidly growing market, as well as evolve existing products. This position reports to the Team Leader, Real-time Software group - Warehouse Automation. This role will involve working on one or more dynamic, small development teams, some as the technical leader, and others as an individual contributor. This individual must not only possess the required skills below but must also understand the system level, big picture of how the software interacts with the hardware, the operators and other third-party systems.
OPEX is seeking a driven, disciplined, and skilled software developer who is comfortable and excited about working with real-time software to control industrial robotics. The candidate is expected to work hands on with the target hardware.
This role will be expected to:
- Perform as a member of a software development team working on new and existing products focused on automation in the Material Handling/Warehouse Automation
- Tasks will include design, development, code testing, code debug, source code management, and documentation in an Agile/SAFe development lifecycle.
- Be responsible for outputting well tested, readable, and maintainable code.
- Utilize various languages and tools (C/C++, various embedded platforms, chip sets, and components).
- Effectively communicate ideas to others within (and outside) the department.
- Constantly strive to look for future innovations and product improvements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of object-oriented design concepts and very comfortable in C/C++
- Knowledge of electronics and comfortable bringing up new components.
- Experience in embedded platforms.
- Experience in real-time programming and system level thinking.
- Experience in Agile Development and working in collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Personal attributes: ability to work as a team member, highly motivated, "get things done" attitude, effective communicator, desire to learn and constantly improve
- Experience in Warehouse Automation, Robotics or Industrial segment is preferred
- Employee may be working in an office, lab or production environment with occasional travel to customer sites.
- Some walking between OPEX facilities
- Employee may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Company Overview