Project Search Teacher
KenCrest, a leading provider of services for individuals with developmental disabilities in PA, DE and CT, is looking for a Project SEARCH teacher. The Project SEARCH Teacher will provide the educational function and works with Host Business, Employment Support Specialists and students interns with disabilities in assigned community setting to improve the quality of teaching and student learning in any of the core content areas with a focus on specially designed instruction to support student interns skill development during experiential learning rotations within host business. Teacher communicates routinely and effectively with stakeholders, collaborates within the cross systems planning team and assists in developing paid employment outcomes for student interns.
?Project SEARCH Teacher must meet all the PA Department of ED standards, including IEP development, meeting and evaluation completion within required timelines providing instruction in functional academic skills that will support future employment, independence and skills of daily living.
- Recruit appropriate students with disabilities for Project SEARCH program ( age 18 - 21, last year of high school)
- Connect through referral and eligibility processes students to appropriate community services, especially Office of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Office of Intellectual Disabilities.
- Indentify internship sites within the host business so that students can participate in a variety of work experiences in order to build marketable, competitive skills and leading to employment.
- Develop sites that will increase job specific skills, work quality and productivity.
- Provide universal design in the accomodations and adaptations needed at work sites.
- Coordinate travel training through public transportation or teach students to be able to access private transportation independently.
- Develop work portfolios for each student to include credentialing of skills attained, letter of recommendations from internship sites, etc.
- Coordinate internal job placement opportunities within the host business and resulting accomodations, and necessary job supports for students.
- Develop job development training plan with consumers and appropriate support personnel.
- Coordinate internal job development training plan with consumers and appropriate support personnel.
- Coordinate skills trainer activities.
- Attend appropriate Project Search Steering Commitee meetings.
- Plan and implement monthly meetings for each student participant with appropriate parties including the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and parent.
- Teaching degree including Special Education Certification in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Must have professional knowledge and proven use of effective teaching strategies and professional knowledge of curriculum - based assessments
- Strong desire to work with at-risk students and developing teachers
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 3:00pm
KenCrest offers a wide variety of benefits for full time employees including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more. Please see the KenCrest website for additional details.