PROJECT ENGINEER – Warminster, PA
Our client in the greater Warminster, PA area, a supplier of industrial electromechanical systems used in a variety of applications, is currently seeking a full time, direct hire Project Engineer to join their team. In this role, reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer effectively and efficiently engineers all equipment, supervises design activities, performs in-house inspections and testing, makes all shipping arrangements, creates instruction manuals, and provides on-site commissioning and training for custom equipment packages, chemical storage & feed tanks and other equipment. Qualified & interested persons are invited to apply today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all customer interactions and correspondence, including (but not limited to) design discussions, interpretation of design specifications and proposal details, all the while striving to develop long-term, professional relationships as the groundwork for repeat business.
- Read and understand detailed technical specifications.
- Generate detailed Bills of Materials to facilitate the purchase of long lead equipment.
- Collaborate with, and provide guidance to, Mechanical and Electrical Designers to ensure that safe, high-quality and cost effective designs are produced efficiently.
- Perform and/or review and approve engineering design calculations to ensure that safe, high-quality and cost effective designs are produced.
- Review P&ID drawings, general arrangements, electrical schematics, control panel layouts, detailed structural and tank drawings, etc. for completeness and accuracy.
- Produce other pertinent design documents such as instrument data sheets, input/output lists, pump curves, etc.
- Manage the transmission of all project documents to and from customers.
- Develop detailed technical descriptions, including sequence of operations, for inclusion in Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals, and for training purposes.
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on the shop floor during fabrication and assembly to provide clarity and ultimately ensure that a high-quality product is produced as efficiently as possible.
- Perform in-process welding, dimensional, surface preparation and painting inspections on the shop floor.
- Conduct in-house inspection and testing of all equipment.
- Coordinate and host inspections and witnessing of all equipment testing as required by the customer.
- Make all shipping arrangements to ensure that all equipment and ship-loose items are promptly delivered 1) without damage and 2) to the correct location.
- Perform on-site commissioning of all equipment as required by the customer.
- Provide training on all equipment as required by the customer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- 4-year mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering degree.
- Familiarity with pumps, motors, tanks, piping, controls, instrumentation, structural steel shapes, welding, common fabrication methods, basic manufacturing techniques, industrial coatings, etc.
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings such as P&ID drawings, general arrangements, electrical schematics, control panel layouts, detailed structural and tank drawings, etc.
- Experience serving as the 'face of the company' in front of customers; Comfortable & enjoys being in a customer-facing role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus towards the company's business model as it relates to profitability.
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as ASME, ANSI, NFPA, NEC, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of power generation and petrochemical processes a plus.
- Prior project management experience a plus.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics a plus.
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (typically not more than 10%) a must.
Our client offers competitive compensation, strong profit sharing, 401k w/ matching contribution, and a comprehensive benefits package, not to mention the opportunity to advance within a growing organization. Qualified and interested persons are encouraged to apply today!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.