Ref ID: 03720-0011735817
Classification: Production Artist
Compensation: $14.25 to $16.50 hourly
The Creative Group has a client in need of an Associate Production Artist! This is a 3-6 month consulting assignment that will be full time hours per week, onsite in Philadelphia, PA. Under the supervision of the Production Manager, you will assist the design team in preparing purchased artwork for development and complete all final files as it relates to product art.
• Prepare organized production files from concept art provided by Product Designers.
• Prepare organized layout and electronic files according to specification.
• Complete pre-production preparation of files by putting them in a format that allows for artwork development.
• Learn about inspecting production files prepared by the other designers prior to sending to the vendor to make sure they are correctly set up.
• Learn the color correction process.
• Prepare layout by placing art and text; specifying print requirements such as bleeds, clear zones, die-cut and coverage.
• Create successful die lines for customer presentations.
• Learn the processes to ensure that all electronic product files are prepared properly for appropriate media output and according to relevant style guides and printer requirements.
• Manage the highest level of quality by proofing all products for accuracy.
• Learn how to assure accurate printability, including traps, overprints and minimum half tone dots and line weights.
• Review matchprints and pre-production samples against final files for accuracy.
• Provide proofs for review; coordinating with creative team, internal clients; review and implement changes.
• Back up all final files and maintain a well-organized archive.
• When necessary, may help with mock-ups and printing files to in-house printers (knowledge of using cutting tools such as an Exacto knife helpful).
• Keep on the cutting edge of design and production innovations within industry and in customer products field.
• Help train/mentor Assistant Production Artists.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.