Who We Are
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
A customer and market focused self-starter who will define the vision, product strategy, roadmap, and development priority for the e-commerce and passenger payment platforms used on Panasonic Avionics’ in-flight connectivity systems. These products include the online payment portal that passengers use to purchase in-flight internet and related services (using credit cards, Apple Pay, frequent flyer points, etc.) and are similar to the pay-as-you-go wireless internet service provider (WISP) systems you might find at a hotel, airport, or convention center (except that ours operate at 35,000 feet and are moving at 575 miles per hour).
The role will be driven by a strong understanding of B2C and B2B2C e-commerce products, Wi-Fi services, and their use in the commercial aviation cabin environment. Aviation and airline experience is not required. We are looking for someone market focused, using market and customer problems to shape the roadmap and business case for a variety of in-cabin services, with a focus on driving service revenue, passenger experience, and net promoter score (NPS). We also need someone who understands e-commerce platforms, credit card payment models, Wi-Fi standards, iOS, Android, and other related mobile technologies.
Product Line Management
- Define the product, service, and feature roadmap for inflight connectivity (Wi-Fi internet access and related) services.
- Develop business plans which must be brought to the investment board for approval.
- Collaborate with others on the Product Management team to integrate passenger pricing requirements into the roadmap.
- Track and incorporate market, industry, and competitor trends.
- Represent Panasonic Avionics within industry and trade groups.
- Monitor the service P&L and collaborate with the connectivity business unit, finance, and sales teams to drive increases in revenue.
- Provide coaching and subject matter expertise to the Panasonic organization as it relates to cabin Wi-Fi services, their technology, and impact on both revenue and passenger satisfaction (e.g., Hotspot 2.0, 802.1X, etc.).
Communication and Leadership
- A team player in connectivity product management, seeking alignment while being able to assert opinion and subject matter expertise.
- Be able to take into consideration broader company goals and challenges when establishing pricing recommendations.
- Assure that plans are communicated, understood, anchored, and implemented.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues which may inhibit the plan implementation and impact the customer.
- Participate and present in select meetings with airline customers and other partners.
- Be asubject matter expert voice of the market in support of Panasonic’s sales and strategy.
- Provide subject matter expertise to marketing and sales training initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- University degree, minimum 4 years, preferably with a Marketing, Product Management or Business qualification.
- 10+ years progressive experience in a Product Management or Marketing role, ideally in the aviation or
- telecom sector preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Product Line Management experience preferred.
- 3+ years of e-commerce experience, ideally at an internet service provider or telecom preferred.
- Skilled in the use of Pragmatic (or similar) marketing techniques to gather market insights, market problems and define product requirements.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer: (We have a competitive Package in the UK as well)
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.