CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
The position performs their job functions under the supervision of a senior designer or discipline lead. The Process Designer II works on matters of basic to intermediate complexity under the responsible charge of the lead Process Engineer. This role is expected to work closely with other architects, engineers, and designers, as well as other internal and external team members to ensure a coordinated, constructible, and complete design.
- Works on a variety of Process assignments supporting all phases of design including feasibility, concept and detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration
- Understanding of applicable building codes, industry and regulatory guidance for hygienic piping and CRB’s quality program
- Work closely with architectural, engineering, and construction staff team members to ensure assignments are completed accurately and efficiently
- Work closely with other architects, engineers, and designers, as well as other internal and external team members to ensure a coordinated, constructible, and complete design
- Tasks and deliverables include:
- Performing red-to-black markups to P&IDs
- Annotating Process Piping Plans
- Redlining P&IDs from model coordination
- Making changes to the model based on review comments
- Routing process and process utility piping
- Assisting with process valve selections
- Developing equipment general arrangement plans
- Integrating vendor equipment models into the Revit model
- Applicable Associate degree or technical trade school certification
- 3 to 7 years of experience required including field experience in either a design or construction capacity
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD 3D, Microstation, Inventor or Solidworks is preferred
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Experience with modeling of Process and Process Utility hygienic piping system design preferred
- Ability to interface with client and external partners preferred
- Ability to travel as required for construction or client site visits preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.