About our Business
CBIZ CMF, a 100+ person national consulting practice, is the dedicated private equity advisory division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ). We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on (i) deal advisory; and (ii) performance management & improvement. Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations within our client base. We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2019 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes
- 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
About the Role
The Principal will be a full-time permanent role supporting the Management Consulting team. The Management Consulting team helps our clients solve their toughest problems including defining, evaluating and executing against various operational strategies related to carve-outs and post-merger integration, performance improvement, and deal readiness. We analyze market trends and businesses to help our clients gain the right perspective in order to stay focused and maintain their competitive edge. We support our clients at both the business unit and corporate level to develop and execute sustainable changes that are focused on value expansion and value capture and ultimately drive an increase to shareholder value. The travel expecations for this role ranges between 80-100%.
- Master’s Degree / MBA a plus
- 6+ years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles
- 4+ years of experience supporting one or more of the following: carve-outs, post-merger integration, performance improvement, or major organizational consolidation design and execution, and deal readiness.
- 4+ years of program or project management support experience, preferably at a workstream lead level for a management or operational consulting/advisory organization. Preferably on transformation efforts that encompass business processes, organization and technology.
- 4+ years of performance improvement, transformation, or deals experience related to two or more of the following functional areas of focus: sales & marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, customer service, finance & accounting, or organizational development
- Understanding of the M&A lifecycle and private equity investment process
- Experience with one or more of the following methodologies; Business Process Reengineering, Lean Six-Sigma, Agile / Scrum, Customer Segmentation, Organizational Effectiveness, Sales & Marketing Effectiveness, Maintenance Excellence, Supply Chain Integration.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Consumer and Retail, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Distribution, and Professional and Industrial Services.
- Demonstrated experience in developing workstream plans, deliverables and reports
- Experienced working with large amounts of information to develop quantitative and qualitative analyses that will inform the client deliverables
- Able to develop strategic plans and key metrics to drive and track, respectively, the solution oriented initiatives that will create the value our clients seek
- Experience facilitating client working sessions to gather data and understand the client’s issues and perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively using a variety of styles to effectively interact at any level
- Strong critical, creative, strategic and operational thinking skills to frame and solve complex issues
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency with attention to detail
- Highly adaptable, flexible and client service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles, with a minimum of 2 years in Consulting/Advisory
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to execute all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels an organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs