St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Provides support for the medical practice and direction to the clerical staff. Responsible for efficient operation of the front and back office, including staff scheduling. Maintains filing system and end of month reports. Maintains expertise in computer billing system, coding and insurance requirements. Together with physician(s), responsible for the successful operation of the practice.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises/Coordinates activities of Clinical/Clerical Support staff of the practice including but not limited to performance evaluations, adherence to practice policies and procedures, schedules and payroll.
- Provides support for providers, clinical and clerical staff. Arranges meetings and schedules appointments for the physicians. Maintains competence in Master Scheduling for patient visits.
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives regarding Physician Billing computer system, patient satisfaction survey, staff evaluations and other QI problems. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety
- Takes active role in facilitating team approach to functions within the department:
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisor for consideration.
- Handles all scheduling difficulties or special requests in a timely manner.
- Oversees all aspects of billing and financial management/Revenue Cycle in the medical practice to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulation along with SLPG Policies. Manages maintenance of office equipment and furnishings.
- Develops and maintains practice's Policy and Procedure Manuals, including Blood Borne Pathogens, OSHA, sterilization procedures and logs and patient emergency response procedures.
- Partner with Practice Administrator to conduct interviews.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Standing and walking six hours per day, up to two hours sitting at a time. Frequently uses fingers for typing, data entry, etc. Frequently uses hands. Occasionally uses upper extremities to lift up to 20 pounds; sometimes heavier. Very often stoops, bends and reaches above shoulder level. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as it relates to general vision, near vision, peripheral vision and visual monotony.
High School graduate or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One to three years of similar experience. Experience with all medical office procedures and management. Knowledge of all medical terminology. Knowledge of most medications prescribed by physicians. Knowledge of computer systems. Knowledge of medical practice billing. Maintains current CPR.
Must possess ability to prioritize tasks. Must possess ability to organize workload. Must be flexible and able to adapt. Must be tactful and even-tempered with the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision, make independent decisions and use good judgment. Must have excellent organizational skills and productivity to maintain smooth workflow. Must maintain confidentiality of all correspondence, personnel, financial and operational issues.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!