Now interviewing for Spring 2022 season
This position requires heavy physical duties on a variety of tasks which are generally either unskilled or semi-skilled in nature. Duties will vary depending on the type of work assigned to crew. Laborer can become a specialist within a crew such as a 'Top Person' or a 'Pipe Layer' on a pipe crew.
- Digging, spreading and shoving dirt and gravel using pick and or shovel.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials, tool and supplies.
- Cleans tools, materials and work areas.
- Mixes, pours and spreads concrete, asphalt, gravel, and other material using hand tools.
- Performs a wide variety of manual tasks including pipe assembly, pipe cutting and laying, removal or forms from set concrete, taking layout shots, directing equipment operators on cuts and fills, etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certificate:
1-2 years of experience on construction sites.
- GED/high school diploma or related work experience.
- Trade school a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be able to work well independently or within a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.