Methacton School District is looking for multiple building substitutes to begin as soon as possible. As a building sub, you are guaranteed work every day the district has students in school.
Day to day job duties of a substitute teacher are determined by the classroom teacher or his/her designee, as they may vary depending upon the changing needs of the classroom(s), student(s), and/or school district. Substitute teachers of any capacity are subject to daily reassignment, depending on the needs of the day. The substitute teacher must comply with the duties outlined by the classroom teacher, principal or designee.
Qualifications and Required Documents
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification, PA Emergency Certification or +Letter of Completion
- Note: You may not excede 90 working days in a school year with an Inactive Teaching Certificate
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Records check (Act 34) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance History (Act 151) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- NEW! Effective 1/1/2015, you can now obtain this clearance online!
- A FBI Criminal History Record that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- We recommend that you use our web links posted our website to be sure to get the correct clearances.
You can find those at the bottom, right hand corner of the Open Positions Page
- Proof of a TB test or chest x-ray that is less than two years old
- 3 professional references (contact information) and/or letters
- A Resume
- Routing number and account number for direct deposit setup
- 2 Valid forms of Identification for I-9. Click here for acceptable forms.
- A valid, working email address -- not a college or university address for those will expire! If you do not have a valid email address, it is recommended that you set up for example a Hotmail or GMail email account. This is how all future communications from STS will reach you.
- Effective 12/22/2014: In accordance with PA Act 168 of 2014, contact information for all current and past employers will be needed, for all jobs held where you have or had direct contact with children.
+Letter of Completion -Substitute Teacher Service, Inc. can hire newly graduated candidates with a Letter of Completion (LOC) in lieu of a PA certificate IF the following information is included in the letter.
- The candidate has completed all coursework for the degree program and/or the degree has been conferred.
- The candidate has passed all required tests needed for PA certification.
- The candidate has been recommended to PDE for certification (thru TIMS).
Pay Rate per day is $135.