As the region's leading provider of pediatric dental medicine, every member of the Children's Dental Health clinical team is singularly dedicated to the mission of bringing quality pediatric dental care to at-need children in our communities. With more than 30 practices and pediatric dentists located throughout the state of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, we are proud of the profound positive impact our pediatric dentists, hygienists, EFDAs, dental assistants, and front desk staff have had on thousands of families in the region. For many children with profound dental health needs, healthy smiles truly do start here.
In line with our continued growth and dedication to providing accessible, high-quality dental care, we are excited to open a new opportunity for a Pediatric Dental Hygienist in our Aston office!
General working schedule is Monday-Thursday 7:45 AM-5:45 PM.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all hygiene patients charts to: check medical histories, what x-rays will be needed, behaviors from previous visits, and make sure that patient is actually due for an exam/cleaning
- Make sure that medical history was updated into the computer. This includes putting in alerts
- Give homecare instructions
- Assist exam with dentist, chart caries, extractions, conditions, etc.
- Clean and sterilize all instruments following OSHA Guidelines. This includes: scrubbing the instruments, packing the instruments, running the instruments through the statim or autoclave
- Plan, implement, and evaluate dental care for patients based on individual, specific patient needs and according to dentist's orders
- Other duties as assigned
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary and strong benefits package, which includes:
- Company contributions towards medical insurance coverage
- No-cost employer paid dental insurance for all employees
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- Company paid holidays
State Dental Hygiene Licensure
Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene or above
Demonstrated desire to work in a pediatric setting
Ability to pass all requisite background checks to work with children