Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending; Auto; Cards, Retail and Merchant Services; Personal Lending; Consumer Lending Control; and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices, as well as online and digital channels.
Wells Fargo Merchant Services is looking for an experienced executive leader to oversee Payment Network Operations for Wells Fargo’s acquiring business. This position represents an exciting opportunity to lead a critically important area of our business and the successful candidate will play an influential role in the overall organization through their engagement with senior leadership and stakeholders across the company.
The head of Payment Network Operations will establish and lead Wells Fargo Merchant Services’ Payment Network Operations team and will be accountable for operationalizing efforts to ensure compliance with domestic and international Payment Network rules, regulations, and internal policies, and for establishing the necessary business controls to mitigating current and emerging risk.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Employ subject matter expertise and industry knowledge to challenge current status quo, advance governance and oversight programs, and improve Merchant Services business practices; provide well-grounded credible challenge to senior functional leaders within Merchant Services; Provide strategic, tactical, and value add leadership in the execution of complex initiatives involving multiple functional groups.
- Set the Merchant Services Payment Network compliance strategy and redesign the domestic and international compliance program to ensure Merchant Services remains current as regulations change, and that compliance is not a constraint on growth or innovation; provide subject matter expertise related to the interpretation of domestic and international Payment Network rules and regulations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships with the Payment Network’s senior leadership and cultivate an ability to influence rule changes and advocate for waivers/leniency for rule violations. Also, serve as an escalation point with the networks for compliance related matters.
- Regularly interface with Wells Fargo executives, third-party executives supporting the business, payment network executives, and other key senior leader stakeholders to drive key business initiatives.
- Leverage external sources to understand current payments industry trends, emerging risk, and best practices in the area of compliance, and evaluate their applicability and impact to Merchant Services.
- Collaborate with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crimes Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Business Unit Controls, and Risk) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks; provide expertise and leadership to ensure Merchant Services accurately identifies, assesses, and quantifies inherent risk, mitigating controls, and residual risk across a number of disciplines; establish and contribute to risk governance across the business.
- Maintain oversight of efforts to ensure compliance with new requirements impacting Merchant Services business activities; develop programs and channels to educate others on key compliance topics.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders and merchant clients to ensure remediation of compliance violations; support data analysis and identify the root causes of compliance violations.
- Improve Merchant Services Payment Network compliance tracking and reporting, ensuring that that senior leadership has transparency into the health of Payment Network compliance, the execution of the compliance program, and any challenges that need to be addressed.
- Provide support to the business with launch of products to ensure regulatory and payment partner requirements are met; partner with Product Managers to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements.
- Establish and lead a centralized team to successfully execute regular Payment Network Updates, compliance alerts, and rule change notices; coordinate with other functional areas and third-parties to ensure timely internal and external communications, operational preparedness, and seamless execution.
- Support the Head of Business Controls to escalate, coordinate, and resolve business issues.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 8+ years of management experience
- Financial services experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience leading a payment network compliance or Merchant Services operations function
- Expert knowledge of the overall payment industry including the Payment Network and regulatory compliance landscape
- Experience leading enterprise audit, risk, or other internal control or governance functions
- Proven executive-level track record
- Reputation for good judgment, integrity, accuracy, consistency, execution, big picture orientation, and business acumen
- Prior experience operating within large-scale, geographically disbursed, and fast-paced organization
- Demonstrated leadership with large scale change efforts
- Knowledge of business process design
- Keen ability to learn, analyze, and execute with urgency
- Strategic yet detail oriented
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.