Now interviewing for Spring 2022 season
This position requires heavy physical duties involving a variety of tasks associated with asphalt milling and paving which are generally either semi-skilled or skilled in nature. Duties will vary depending on the type of work assigned to the crew. A laborer can become a specialist within a crew such as Screed Person, Lute person, QC Tech, Side Person (mill), Tack Truck Driver, Water Truck Driver, Utility adjustment person etc.
Overnight stays may be required on occasion. Night and Weekend work shifts are common throughout the normal milling and paving season.
- Performs duties involving shoveling, raking, luting, jack hammering, heavy lifting and the use of multiple small tools involved with asphalt milling and paving.
- Cleans tools, materials and work areas.
- Performs a wide variety of manual tasks involving fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner with complete respect for individual and crew safety.
- Clearly communicates with other crew members to ensure safety, teamwork and completion of daily goals set by the field manager.
- To completely perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Depending on the laborer's crew specialty may require a variety of diverse skills such as use of hand and power tools, performing grade checks, jack hammering, directing equipment operations, cuts and fills, etc.
- Compliance with All Polices including;
- Safety, Safety, Safety!
- “Home Safe Tonight” and related policies
Requires extensive and heavy physical activity, dexterity and fine motor skills.
Must be able to carry very heavy loads of materials sometimes up to 75 pounds.
Must be able to work in all weather elements.
Requires the ability to stand, walk, reach, kneel, climb or balance.
Requires specific types of vision: close, color, peripheral.
Responsible for safety of self and fellow workers.
Work conditions vary from site to site and are affected by the weather.
Rough graded and undeveloped job sites present a threat to safety where carelessness or poor judgment could result in serious of fatal injury to self or others.
Occasionally may work in tight confined spaces such as manholes and inlets.
Works around heavy equipment, loud noises and vibrations of equipment and power tools.
Works adjacent to live traffic on most days.
GED / HS Diploma is a plus
Trade School is a plus
Penndot Paving QC Technical experience is a plus
TopCon or similar grade control experience is a plus
CDL (A, B, Tanker, Hazmat) is a plus
Tack Truck experience is a plus
2 yrs of related work experience is a necessity
Valid Drivers License required
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.