Morris James LLP, a leading Delaware law firm, seeks an experienced bankruptcy paralegal to join its Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Practice group in the Wilmington office located at 500 Delaware Ave. Applicant should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience & must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can work under pressure & prioritize/handle a high volume of cases. Candidates for consideration will be expected to perform all paralegal responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients and attorneys and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork.
The hours for this position are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, with occasional overtime. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- E-filing and service of pleadings;
- Draft routine notices, motions and petitions;
- Prepare and organize trial and hearing binders;
- Accurately maintain calendar of critical dates to ensure all deadlines are met and work is processed in an effective & efficient manner;
- Prepare fee applications;
- Maintain and organize matter file in document management system (FileSite/iManage);
- Manage all client files with discretion and confidentiality;
- Communicate with creditors, co-counsel, and Bankruptcy Court Chambers as necessary.
- Strong client-service-centered approach and positive attitude;
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information;
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement to work independently as appropriate and as a member of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse group of clients & professionals in person, by email, and telephone to provide information with tact and diplomacy;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous projects/tasks simultaneously and accurately complete them to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a bankruptcy paralegal;
- Must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft 2016 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate is a plus;
- Proficient in FileSite/iManage or similar document management system;
- Must have knowledge of Bankruptcy Court and Federal Rules and Regulations;
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis to meet deadlines.
Morris James LLP is a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence receive the opportunity and support they need to be effective and grow as professionals.
If you enjoy working as a team member and possess initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be a great fit for this position.
Qualified applicants must submit resume and cover letter plus salary requirements & references to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
or fax to 302-571-1750