Ref ID: 03720-0011664002
Classification: Package Designer
Compensation: $23.75 to $27.50 hourly
The Creative Group has a client in need of a Package Designer! This is a 3-6 month consulting assignment that will require being onsite in Philadelphia, PA. You will design generic and licensed packaging for the client and private label products under supervision of the Creative Manager. You'll be responsible for using correct legal information, warnings and translations and also check incoming proofs for all packaging products.
• Present innovative concepts for packaging refreshes and new product launches.
• Responsible for designing, sizing and layout of generic and licensed packaging.
• Create labels for plates, napkins and cups.
• Responsible for blister arrangements on cards with manager’s assistance.
• Design ensemble packaging for licensed and themed/seasonal products.
• Design die lines for new packaging concepts.
• Review packaging completed by other Designers to ensure that all information is included and presented accurately.
• Proof all incoming packaging proofs and blister arrangements as needed.
• Follow up on all existing items that require changes in addresses, warnings or other information.
• Follow up on existing items that need to be sent to new factories. Update packaging as necessary before sending to new factory.
• Responsible for providing new packaging or prints as necessary for mockups for the Advertising, Marketing and Sales/Product Development departments.
• Coordinate the sending of packaging to printers/factories with the product art being sent to these same companies.
• Coordinate information from Purchasing, Advertising, QA and Sales/Product Development to keep packaging accurate and prioritized and to ensure necessary sign-offs are received before releasing files.
• Give packaging direction for mock-ups for customer presentations and/or for catalog photography.
• Responsible for including the correct ink colors for each job on the file when sending to the factory.
• Help train/mentor Associate and Assistant Packaging Designers.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.